Thursday, August 6, 2009

What things that must be done

It's always hard to leave Intaki. Knowing that my wife and children remain behind while I warp away or clone jump across the galaxy. If it wasn't for the importance of the cause, if I didn't believe that I was working for a better future for them, I couldn't do it.

Space holds no allure for me. Operating in its cold and empty vastness is a means to an end. I look forward to a day when I can retire from my captain's chair and resume my quite life as a writer and teacher; to return to my role as husband and father.

As much as I would like, however, I cannot accomplish my goals in Intaki. Fighting off the Serpentis and skirmishing with pirates may do more in the short term to improve the lives of the Intaki, but it does little to win us our sovereignty.

I must now return to Villore and champion our cause there. If I can win enough support among the senators and sway the Supreme Court's opinion on the matter, only then will we stand a chance to gain independence without violence between us and the Gallente Federation.

No comments: