Saturday, August 22, 2009

An uneasy peace

It was with some difficulty that I was able to reach Geerim Frein in police custody today. He is indeed a good man and one dedicated to the people of his village. There was no question of loyalty among the hundreds who followed him.

I was gladdened that they were able to surrender without coming to harm, but the whole scenario was a depressing one for me. Intaki taking up arms and being suppressed by their own police.

As much as I pray for it, I am losing faith that there can be a path to independence without some bloodshed. Things have already gotten too far out of hand with the Federal Defense Union and I fear that our allies within the Caldari militia will have little power to stop their government should a hostile take-over of Intaki's sovereignty be planned.

I have expressed as much to Vremaja Idama, but his answers are as cryptic as any riddle. If forces beyond my control lead to a bloody path, so be it. But I cannot and will not advocate open violence as a means to achieve our goal.

No comments: