Saturday, November 13, 2010

An offer I can refuse

I have been contacted several times by Chairman Renjith Prabeaux of the Federal Social Democratic Party. At first I was hopeful that he might be persuaded to see the reasoning in our arguments and to be an ally in negotiating for a peaceful separation.

I am growing to believe that first impressions were wrong, however. It seems increasingly that he is an appeaser and Federation apologist. He seeks to make amends for past wrongs with token condolences and petty reparations.

He now wants me to consider withdrawing my call for secession in exchange for some gesture of reconciliation with the Intaki of the Syndicate. I agree that the Syndicate Intaki should be brought back into the fold, so to speak, but I do not believe that this gesture will go any appreciable way toward achieving that.

Having considered the matter, I do not think that I will be withdrawing my call for secession any time soon.

No comments: