Monday, November 2, 2009

A new hope?

I was fortunate enough today to be granted a short audience with Celes Aguard, Governor of the Mies system. She is currently campaigning for the Gallente Presidency and I have to say that I hope she wins.

Although she and I differ in our views on a number of issues, I believe she is the best of the current crop of candidates and will be the most likely to entertain the idea of a peaceful Intaki secession.

Aguard recently appeared in Lirsaurtton where she spoke mostly about Jin Mei issues, but she also said things that were encouraging to me as an Intaki.

"When frontier settlements starve under Caldari blockades, and riots and panic spreads among those who feel they are voiceless, all our leaders can say is 'toughen up,'" said Aguard in her speech. "Fear is a powerful motivator, but it has failed to quell the governmental apathy toward the minorities of the Federation."

At least she understands and acknowledges the problem.

No comments: