Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It happened

I can't believe it. I'm totally dumbfounded. The Senate actually approved a bill that denies the most basic right of a democracy from millions, perhaps billions, of legal Federal citizens.

The ILF is already mobilizing to protest this illegal measure and I am lobbying my contacts within the Supreme Court.

Our only hope at this point is that the President will not sign the bill. I have little faith in him doing so, and signing the act would only be the last in long line of acts of treachery on his part. Although with the margin at which it passed the bill, the Senate would likely override a veto, even if it was issued.

What a sad day. I have always hoped for the creation of an independent Intaki, but I never longed for the death of the Federation. This law is, I fear, a step in that direction however.

Perhaps there is still some hope left and Celes Aguard will win the election and restore sanity to the Federal government.

No comments: