Friday, December 11, 2009

Of warnings and premonitions

While attempting to mediate today, I could not shake a feeling of foreboding. It has been growing for some time, but this was the first occasion where the nagging ill feeling prevented me from finding center.

I do not know if this is because of the recent resurgence of the FDU in Placid, my belief that Intaki Pure is behind several violent attacks against Caldari and Federation enterprises or the increased scrutiny I am receiving from the Gallente government.

I have seen a great many more Federation militia members in Placid lately and news has reached me that several systems have been cleared of Caldari occupation forces. I wonder how long now before the sky above Intaki is once more illuminated with lights of space battle? And when the fighting does return, what will it mean to those who are powerless to do anything but watch and wait?

News that Intaki Pure might have been involved in the SuVee terrorist attacks doesn't surprise me, I'm afraid. Jyotmi is really trying to stir the pot with his public comments these days. I think he'd like nothing more than to see every Intaki separatist wage open war on both the Federation and the State. I fear my old friend has truly lost the path of Ida.

I think the most troubling thing, though, is the sudden appearance of these unidentified agents who are looking into my private life. My grocer tells me Intaki men with off-worlder accents asked him about when I shop and what I buy. Someone was asking about me at a book store run by a friend of mine. And twice now someone has tried to breach the security of my estate.

I do not fear so much for my own safety as for that of my family. Taking on the life of a capsuleer and secessionist, I have accepted certain risks. My wife and children, though, are innocents and should not be made to suffer for my actions.

No comments: